The process of moving/relocating has been long documented as representing one of life's most stressful experiences… ranking just below the trauma of death and divorce.
Regrettably, for pets, far less attention is devoted to understanding how stressful, and in fact at times life ending, this same moving process can be for pets… be they dogs,cats, birds, fish, etc.
Such a lack of proper attention inevitably leads to a corresponding lack of preparation.
Town Advisor.com, a site completely dedicated to helping individuals and families chose the right town, city, or neighborhood – even before the appropriate home, feels compelled to include this pet-centric component of town search as part of the TownAdvisor consumer experience… for a number of reasons, some include:
- According to recent research conducted by PetSmart – approximately 68% of households count a pet as a companion.
- According to The Humane Society of America – while Americans spend over 50 billion dollars a year on their pets, the number one reason for "relinquishing” a pet is when moving.
- According to the National Council on Pet Population Study and Policy – moving with pets accounts for the second highest reason for relinquishment (after having too many animals in the household).
The consequence of this powerful statistic leads to many pets left behind (and sometimes left without a life) is deeply troubling to all of us at TownAdvisor.com.
Therefore, we endeavor to:
- raise your consciousness to the importance of proper planning
- provide links to great information for when relocating pets by car, plane, or train
- offer content about how to gauge how "pet friendly" the town you are moving to is
- provide wisdom and knowledge from accomplished Real Estate professionals regarding the "dont's and do's" for when selling a home where pets presently live
TownAdvisor also invites visitors to our local town sites to post what your pets enjoy most about your town… as well as cautionary posts regarding what problems one's pets may encounter.
Through TownAdvisor you can conveniently prepare to:
- move with companion pets
- find out where the best dog parks are
- decide if dog parks work for or against your dog
- learn about moving with cats
- how to reduce the stress for your pets, and thus yourself
- as well as how to avoid having pets hurt your home sale value
And, if you post, TownAdvisor looks forward to both your Pet Posts… and Pet Peeves.
Copyright TownAdvisor© 2017